The Highest Quality Recurve Windshields
Handcrafted Excellence – Made in the USA
ROAD GLIDE® Windshield 1998-2013 Features
• Freedom AirCurve design – our recurve drives the airflow 2″-3″ higher than a standard windshield
• Cleaner air flow – less wind noise & turbulence for the rider and passenger
• Helps to stabilize the bike at higher speeds
• Allows you to use a shorter windshield for a better view over the top without sacrificing comfort or use the same size or taller windshield for added comfort.
• 30% thicker than the stock windshield and other windshields for more stability and added strength
• Crystal clear optical clarity – No distortion !
• High Gloss, hand polished edges
• All mounts are holes (no slots) for added strength and a cleaner look
• All new hardware and premium trim pre-installed for easy installation
• New well nuts with a thicker head to keep the windshield from rubbing on the fairing
• High quality painted Black mask at the base of the shield
• Windshields for 1998-2013 and also the 2015 Road Glide models
• Best quality, performance, optical clarity, fit and finish in the industry
• The Touring style is wider on the upper corners of the windshield – it spreads the wind out to the sides the farthest for the quietest ride and gets the wind around the passenger the best also.
• The Sport Touring style is cut in about 2″ on each side – it has a sportier look and also clears taller aftermarket handlebars better. It is still wide enough to get the wind all the way around you, just not as far out to the sides as the touring style.
How to Measure the Windshield
9 sizes to choose from 10″ – 18″
The size is measured by laying a tape measure on the front center of the windshield from the center mounting screw to the top edge of the windshield.
Choosing a Size
Looking Over the Windshield
The ideal height is where the top edge of the windshield is level with the tip of your nose. This gives you about 2” to see over the top of the windshield when you are looking straight ahead. With this height, the wind will clear the top of your head for a comfortable and quiet ride. The taller you go the better it feels, especially for the passenger, as long as the top edge doesn’t creep up into your line of sight.
Looking Through the Windshield
The ideal height is where the top edge of the windshield is about 2″ above your line of sight. This gives the most comfort and protection for both the rider and the passenger, but when it rains and the windshield gets wet and dirty it gets harder to see through the windshield.
– If you have a tall windshield on your bike, you can place a piece of Blue Painters Masking Tape on your windshield with the top edge of the tape at different heights and take a short ride to get settled into your normal riding position.
– If you have a short windshield on your bike, you can tape different size pieces of cardboard on your windshield with Blue Painters Masking Tape and take a slow ride to get settled into your normal riding position.